Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Monday 9/1/14 Labor Day, Red Rock Ride
09-01-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: Monday 9/1/14 Labor Day, Red Rock Ride
Since when is 8:30 early , my normal wake up for work is 4:30 you slackers Smile. I kid, but already been at Red Rock for an hour it's nice zero wind so far. I am taking off soon, my wife thinks Labor Day means I work on trimming bushes etc at my house Sad

Riding hard since 1981 !
- Old Honda 110, Yamaha 100, Suzuki TS 110, Yamaha 400, Yamaha FZR Genesis, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 1000F, Honda CBR 900RR
- Current Kawasaki ZX10 R, Ducati M 1200 S Monster.
Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 08:21 AM
Although no one posted in, I've gotta bail, got something important to take care of. If anyone shows up, have fun.

[Image: image_zpsbdfc42d3.jpg]
09-01-2014, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 08:40 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
(09-01-2014 07:22 AM)Quip Wrote:  Since when is 8:30 early , my normal wake up for work is 4:30 you slackers Smile. I kid, but already been at Red Rock for an hour it's nice zero wind so far. I am taking off soon, my wife thinks Labor Day means I work on trimming bushes etc at my house Sad

isnt it cute how the wifeys have that bad habit of mistaking holidays as chore days?

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
09-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Meanwhile, as the only one that showed...
It got crowded with unitard-clad cyclists. Anyone up for something later on the day?

Think for yourself, question authority.
09-01-2014, 10:40 AM
(09-01-2014 09:53 AM)Tumbleweed Wrote:  Meanwhile, as the only one that showed...
It got crowded with unitard-clad cyclists. Anyone up for something later on the day?

Actually another guy showed up and went on through the loop, but one "no one else was coming" then he left chevrock same time as me.

[Image: image_zpsbdfc42d3.jpg]
09-02-2014, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 06:39 PM by Tumbleweed.)
Be prepared for several paragraphs of "Why Not?"

Well, it actually turned out in my favor. After a loop, breakfast, and another loop, I decided to hell with it and went up to the bar on Potosi for a drink. Then, riding down the western slope, I decided to check out Lovell Canyon Rd., which was pretty neat. I didn't know it was paved, so I never checked it out. Not that dirt really stops me.
Then I decided to go into Pahrump because why not. A quartet of squids showed up at the Shell I was at so I bailed, and as I was going north out of Pahrump I decided to go and see what Ash Meadows was all about. Turns out the south entrance is mostly a big gravel road, the kind that tears holes in sport tires. Passing that I went into Armagosa and met a couple of riders, one on a Sportster and one on a Katana, and chatted for an hour.
Taking their advice I headed south through Shoshone, and up and through Death Valley. Very impressive. I even took the very wash-boarded dirt road to the natural bridge hike, which I hiked. Nearly ran out of gas getting back to Pahrump. After filling up I took the north route through Indian Springs back home.
A pleasant, impromptu, 12 hours of exploring, because why not?

(Edit: What's up with the image uploading thing. Neither method is working.)

[Image: 10649452_768196536571539_504573601789323...e=5473A176]

Think for yourself, question authority.
09-02-2014, 06:39 PM
lol sounds epic!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious