Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
License info
11-16-2015, 12:36 AM
License info
Do you need a regular license before applying for a motorcycle endorsement?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2015, 01:30 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 01:31 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
RE: License info
Technically no, but if I am not mistaken, you will test for the regular license and mc license at the same time and will be issued both. The mc license is simply an endorsement on the regular one.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
11-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Well what do you mean? For instance If I go down to csn for the msf course would I need a drivers license? After I pass would i need a drivers license at DMV?

What I'm thinking that a regular license teaches you the information you need being on the road basically and the motorcycle class just allows you to ride a motorcycle?
11-16-2015, 05:16 PM
CSN's motorcycle class requires a valid NV drivers license to participate in it. Check the course description and it is there. Best of luck.
11-16-2015, 06:32 PM
(11-16-2015 05:16 PM)TapperLV Wrote:  CSN's motorcycle class requires a valid NV drivers license to participate in it. Check the course description and it is there. Best of luck.

Not true. Only knew this off hand due to the fact that my son will be doing this within the year. This is straight from the CSN MSF site. If you have completed a drivers ed class, you are good to go.

You must be at least 15 1/2 years of age, be a licensed driver or have completed a driver education class, and be able to ride a bicycle.
11-16-2015, 08:02 PM
(11-16-2015 06:32 PM)doz Wrote:  
(11-16-2015 05:16 PM)TapperLV Wrote:  CSN's motorcycle class requires a valid NV drivers license to participate in it. Check the course description and it is there. Best of luck.

Not true. Only knew this off hand due to the fact that my son will be doing this within the year. This is straight from the CSN MSF site. If you have completed a drivers ed class, you are good to go.

You must be at least 15 1/2 years of age, be a licensed driver or have completed a driver education class, and be able to ride a bicycle.

I've been out of coaching for a while, but I believe the above quote is correct unless they changed the rules. Also a driving permit may suffice as well. Nevada is one of the few states where you can be issued a motorcycle only license and not a driver's license. But kind of silly, even if you don't have a car, wouldn't you want to still have the ability to legally drive a car?

Oh yeah, the riding a bicycle part, a stationary exercise bike doesn't count! I had one student who had balancing issues and I asked her when was the last time she rode a bike, she responded last night, but it was a stationary one. Some people, LOL.
11-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Cool thanks guys, I have to wait till I turn 18 to get my permit so I don't have to wait to go back and get my license. I've been driving for years but don't have a license ( yikes right, didn't have family stability but now I'm on my own )
11-18-2015, 11:34 AM
Get er done man!!!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious