Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
H.I.D. Lights
05-10-2013, 04:10 PM
H.I.D. Lights
I'm looking to purchase HID's for my R6, anyone here have them? Which brand did you go with? Any to stay away from? Any a must buy?

2003 Yamaha R6
Motodynamic LED integrated turn signals
Gregg's Custom lisence plate bracket
Yoshimura RS-3
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: H.I.D. Lights
Intro?

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure that it is worth watching
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Can't help ya. I've only ridden my bike during daylight hours and at the track mostly.

Not a fan though. They make some really good stock replacement bulbs that are significantly brighter than stock and almost as bright for half the cost of an HID kit. Check out Motosport.com

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
05-10-2013, 09:23 PM
CLICK

I bought these about a week ago. Love them so far. I got the 6000k, which, looking back on it, is a bit blue for my taste. It's not horrible, but consider that 90% of the other light being put out by streetlamps or other cars or anything else is tinged yellow, it makes it appear even more blue than it actually is. Which, considering you have a blue bike, might look pretty cool.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
05-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I really love the way HID lights look BUT for some reason every time I put them on my bikes, the electrical system starts acting weird. I opted not to use them any more
05-13-2013, 05:00 AM
I have personally only had electrical trouble on a bike if a component of the HID system fails... Any more, most of the inexpensive systems can be very hit or miss. I put a cheap set on my truck back in 2005 and it has been FLAWLESS since then until last month when I finally lost a bulb. It costs just as much to replace the whole system as it did the bulb so I went that route basically and now it is very intermittent. once they are running they are fine, but sometimes I have to cycle my headlights a few times to get them to turn on.

On my bike, however, I used the same brand basically as what I put in my truck and they have been great. no issues at all.

In my cruiser, I have a bi-xenon system since i have a single enclosure and it works awesomely as well.

I have heard great things about DDM tuning. My stuff is all ebay stuff and I have not personally tried DDM yet.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious