Rate Thread
08-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Gloves
does anybody know how to soften up leather riding gloves? Mine are fairly new but are hardening up with the sweat.

Also any rides tomorrow to RR?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: Gloves
ride more and break them in.

/THREAD

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
08-21-2013, 03:33 PM
I usually twist mine like I'm wringing out a wash cloth, and roll them up a few times. Not sure I'd resort to some sort of leather treatment/softener though. I'd be nervous that the abrasion resistance might not be there if you need it, because they've become TOO soft.
08-21-2013, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 06:19 PM by JetMech.)
I use gloveoleum, Rawlings brand. A baseball glove softener. It works great. It's obviously meant for baseball gloves but it does wonders for softening any leather. It also conditions and cleans. I do my leathers with it after a track day so the leather doesn't harden. It's like $4 for a bottle and will seem to last months!

Oh it's available at any fine sports retailer near you. Heck I think even Walmart has it.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
08-22-2013, 10:38 AM
thanks for the info gentlemen.. I'll have to reconsider as I dont want to lessen the impact resistance it was designed for... Although I WONT be going down its just good to know.
08-22-2013, 02:38 PM
(08-22-2013 10:38 AM)LVBrokr Wrote:  thanks for the info gentlemen.. I'll have to reconsider as I dont want to lessen the impact resistance it was designed for... Although I WONT be going down its just good to know.

Making the leather softer shouldn't lessen the wear properties. I have always been told that leather that is more plyable, is less likely to tear.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious