Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Fork seals and front brake pad installation?
11-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Fork seals and front brake pad installation?
Anyone here want to make some side money + beer for installing new fork seals and front brake pads on my 2007 Honda CBR 1000rr? If you have the tools and mechanical knowledge please feel free to contact me. 661•238•9339 -Andy

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure that it is worth watching
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2012, 07:16 AM
RE: Fork seals and front brake pad installation?
dude, not hard to do. Learn to do them yourself. save money and learn something at the same time. Inverted forks can be a bit more challenging than std. forks but its all the same idea anyway.

I can offer up some advice and lend a hand if need be. I don't wanna do it for you but I would happily oversee and drink your beer. Already done several members forks as well as 2 of my own bikes in the last 6 months. I have been in fork seal hell and want out. I still have Zoe and Maggie that need new seals. LOL.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
11-12-2012, 07:18 AM
and brake pads are a 5 minute job at best (not counting bleeding the brakes which is easy just time consuming).

Do you have a PDF copy of the FSM?

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
11-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Its not the level of difficulty that stops me, its my lack of free time. I work two full time jobs so performing my own repairs is not really an option.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure that it is worth watching
11-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:and brake pads are a 5 minute job at best (not counting bleeding the brakes which is easy just time consuming).

No need to bleed the brakes when doing the pads. I have the PDF of the service manual for 07+ CBR600RRs if you want me to extract the fork disassembly pages and send them to you. Only difference will be the diameter of the slider/fork tube and probably fluid height, but you can get all that info off of Racetech's site.
11-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Thank you all for your words of wisdom and willingness to assist a simpleton like myself. However, what I am really looking for is to drop my bike off and pick it back up repaired. Time is such a luxury to me that I can barely afford it to get out and ride. No worries, right to steve at dynotech she goes, in the hands of a legend...

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious