Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Follow me on my journey!!! 2800 miles in 8 days
08-23-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Follow me on my journey!!! 2800 miles in 8 days
Can't upload from my phone.... And also been a bitter sweet trip, my boxer sheena died Tuesday night... Kinda put a dark cloud over the trip.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2015, 07:41 PM
Sorry about your dog man. Glad your trip seemed to go well.

You only get back what you put in!
08-23-2015, 07:52 PM
Sorry to here about the dog

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
08-24-2015, 04:28 AM
Sorry about your dog.

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
08-24-2015, 08:58 AM
Oh no! Sorry for the loss of your pup!! Sad

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]
08-24-2015, 10:09 AM
My condolences man =( <3

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
08-25-2015, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2015 11:44 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
RE: Follow me on my journey!!! 2800 miles in 8 days - NOW WITH PICS!
So despite the bad news about my pup Sheena, we decided that as much as we just wanted to head back at that point, we should just push on and try and salvage what we could of the vacation. Here are a few pics. I have TONS of video to go through as well. Some of the photos just dont do justice.

This was our first "unplanned" stop on day 1 (Vegas to Sacramento). About 4 hours into the leg, sadly a jack rabbit of considerable size decided it wanted to commit suicide in front of me. We actually had to pull over and do a damage check - the thunk(s) were that hard.
[Image: IMG_1347.jpg]
All was well sans a little blood and hair on the lower fairing.

The next photo is day 2 (Sacramento to Fortuna, CA) on the coast. This was a much needed break and a cool little bridge. We had ridden through Napa and Sonoma for a bit, which was beautiful. Then we ended up on this road. Mind you, I only call it a road because, technically it did have asphalt on it. Most of the road was 1 to 1.5 lanes wide at best and was like a damn roller coaster. A lot of fun, but also A LOT of work muscling this 1400lb all-up beast around on... and slightly nerve wracking meeting an 18-wheeler logging truck coming the other way - more than once. Mostly cliffs on one side that drop into the river that this bridge crosses. Very worthwhile experience though!
[Image: IMG_1365.jpg]

This is also on the above mentioned road about 10 miles before the coast. With the exception of a few logging trucks, we encountered no other cars and the scenery was incredible. They even have these big green and brown things... I think they are called.. trees? Did I spell that right? LOL.
[Image: IMG_1367.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1375.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1376.jpg]

Finally we reach the coast on Day 2. That knarly road spit us out onto HWY 1 at stewarts point... one of those places that if you blink while driving, you will miss it.
[Image: IMG_1383.jpg]

More of the coast near stewarts point.
[Image: IMG_1388.jpg]

Day 3 (Fortuna to Medford, OR). Well we ran up the coast a bit until we hit HWY 199 that cuts into the north end of the Redwoods Forest. This was a nice, smooth, relatively scenic and faster paced road. As we got further in-land, we could smell the smoke and see the haziness from all the fires in Norther Cali and Southern Oregon.
[Image: IMG_1395.jpg]

On 199, just north of the Cali/Oregon border. You can see the smoky haze in the distance.
[Image: IMG_1397.jpg]
We stayed with some of Jamie's family that night. They lived on 40 acres out in the middle of the woods. Was nice except the 1.5 mile long, loose gravel and dirt and sand driveway that had turns and steep inclines that would be difficult on a dirt bike, let alone a 900lb tourer. Got it done though and kept it upright both into and out of the driveway the next morning. Man were my shoulders and arms sore from that tho.

On our way to Crater Lake on Day 4 (Medford to Bend to Salem to Lincoln City). The smoke was getting very heavy now and was causing some issues with our eyes and throats, but we powered through and pressed on.
[Image: IMG_1401.jpg]

Made it to Crater Lake. Was nice once we got up and out of the smoke. Unfortunately, due to a fire on the north side of the lake, they had most of it closed off so we could only hang around the south side and had a long detour to get back on track for Bend where we would meet my father for Lunch.
[Image: IMG_1404.jpg]

More Crater Lake.
[Image: IMG_1408.jpg]
Not much to show between here and Lincoln City as we were running out of time for the day so we minimized stops.

Day 5 (Lincoln City to Arcata, CA). Weather was a bit better. Actually had some sun and warmer temps. This leg was entirely HWY 1 and 101. Some seriously tight hairpins that were a bit scetchy at times and lots of places where we both felt that gaurd rail s should be but werent but all in all a great ride.
[Image: IMG_1434.jpg]
And also, I cant stress this enough.... DO NOT EVER, EVER, EVER stay at the Motel 6 in Arcata. Just dont. more on that later.

A rock with a hole in it.
[Image: IMG_1448.jpg]

Day 6 (Arcata to Sacramento via San Francisco). Another Big tree. This was along the "Avenue of the Giants." Well worth the 32 mile detour on a motorcycle. Great, smooth twisty roads snaking through the Giant Redwood forests with some of the tallest tree in the world.
[Image: IMG_1453.jpg]

Day 7 (Sacramento to Mammoth Lakes via Yosemite). Fortunately the pass wasnt closed (they had just closed it while we were passing it coming up) and we were able to enjoy Yosemite again. Was a bit smokey at times and lots of CalFire and Forrest Service Fire trucks to contend with but not too bad.
[Image: IMG_1470.jpg]

There are worse places to stop for a break...
[Image: IMG_1473.jpg]

Dont have any Day 8 pics because that was mostly blasting home from Mammoth to Vegas and half of it was in the dark.

I'll post more when I get a chance.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
08-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Pics of the motel?

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
08-25-2015, 04:36 PM
Very nice Pics.

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
08-25-2015, 06:43 PM
thats what I am talking about!!!! Nice pics and nice storys!!

Poor wabbit!! =D

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious