Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
First post; introductions
10-17-2013, 10:43 AM
First post; introductions
Hello everyone,

I've been reading the forums for a while and decided it's time I become a member. I've been riding for almost a year now, and currently ride a Yamaha pearl white FZ6R. I mostly ride for commuting, but now that I have more free time and some experience, I think it's about time I make some riding friends and do some group riding. I don't wrench much and don't know a great deal about all that, but really want to learn so I can eventually do my own maintenance.

I look forward to meeting all of you, and if you are on the North side of town and want to ride, PM me, I want to meet some riding friends in my area.

Seppel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2013, 11:15 AM
RE: First post; introductions
Welcome! Pretty good group of guys around here - except for Tomy, hes an asshole, but I think hes OK with it. HAHA

What part of the north are you in? Im around Cheyenne and Ft. Apache more NW. I pretty much ride everywhere as I only have my truck and my wife uses that for work so Im stuck on the bike (wow, I say that like Im complaining. Im not). Handful of other guys around this part of town.

The maintenance stuff isnt too hard once you have a general understanding of what you are doing and the right tools to do it. Let me know if you need help with anything specific.

Anyway, Welcome!

- justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
10-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Hahaha I'm right down the street from you on Decatur and Cheyenne.

Nice. I have a car, but it's been sitting in the garage more and more : )

Yeah, I used to know nothing and had to google how to do chain maintenance. I now know how to do that and changed my mirrors and put on flushmounts (IMO the stock looked horrid and were my only complaint with the bike) and that was my biggest "wrenching experience" so far (super excited nothing broke).
10-17-2013, 11:36 AM
welcome to the site! you're not to far from me.. I am right across the street from Santa Fe on Rainbow and Rancho. And I didn't know shit about how to maintain a bike, Just bought one and went with the flow, I found this group, and they have helped me with a lot. Hope to see you out on some rides soon!

jZOn

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]
10-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the site!! Great group of peeps here! No pressure to ride fast, even though some of us do ride fast, we always have organized group rides so no one gets left out. Glad you finally introduced yourself! =] Stop by the gatherings section and check out our twt and ride meetups! Hope to see you soon!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
10-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Sunday red rock ride!

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
10-17-2013, 01:47 PM
I was looking at some rides for this month; however, my mom will be in town this weekend and I also have a wedding in Virginia I must go to so the rest of this month will be tight. I'm at work and plan on seeing if there are any rides in the forum I can squeeze in when I look at my calendar when I get home. If not, I'll just have to meet you all when I get back : D
10-17-2013, 01:55 PM
(10-17-2013 10:43 AM)Seppel Wrote:  Hello everyone,

I've been reading the forums for a while and decided it's time I become a member. I've been riding for almost a year now, and currently ride a Yamaha pearl white FZ6R.

Seppel
Nice bike! I had a white one too 09, had to cover up the pink stickers though with carbon fiber lol. Welcome to the site. Smile

Buy my stuff lol Shoei RF1100 faceshields for sale (should fit x12s too)

Bilt and teknic mesh jacket (small)

http://scsportbikes.org/Thread-Harbor-Fr...ess-12-ton
10-17-2013, 02:20 PM
[/quote]
Nice bike! I had a white one too 09, had to cover up the pink stickers though with carbon fiber lol. Welcome to the site. Smile
[/quote]

Hahaha I panicked for a second there thinking you were referring to the newer stickers they have on them.

"Shiz, I could have sworn those were red" - my brain

Then I found an image of the 09's and saw what you were talking about. I wonder why they made the whites so girly that year.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious