Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Favorite OHV Spots?
11-19-2012, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2012 12:29 PM by Rev. That Guy.)
Favorite OHV Spots?
Was thinking to start a thread (maybe a sticky) with your favorite places to OHV.

Maybe something along the lines of:
a) where it is and how to get there
b) what it is (trail, open riding, dirt roads, dunes, ect)
c) what type of vehicles (4x4, single-track), and
d) if non-plated (quads, dirtbikes) can go.

Im thinking places within a few hours max from Vegas.

Thoughts? Lets see if this sticks.

I'll Start (with some of the obvious ones that I know of anyway)

Mt. Charleston / Harris Springs Road
Directions: From Vegas, Head north on 95 to Kyle Canyon Rd. Go east on Kyle Canyon Rd. for 12.5 miles to Harris Springs Rd. Turn left. Parking is at the turn off and also about .5 miles up the hill.
Description: Mostly minimal maintained (grated occasionally from what I can tell) dirt road with many trail off-shoots from the road. Most trails are accessible with 4x4 but some to narrow down to ATV size with few single-track trails. Mostly packed rock/dirt with some very loose rock and steep slopes. All trails are relatively easy with some intermediate trails. Difficult parts generally have bypasses.
Vehicles: Open to all vehicles, plated and non-plates, ATVs, Dirtbikes, Buggies, Ect. Typical equipment is required for ATVs and Bikes (spark arrestors, lights at night (front and rear). Non-plated allowed on dirt trail/road ONLY.

Apex / Nellis Dunes
Directions: From Vegas, Head north on I-15 about 3-4 miles past the race track on the right.
Description: Open riding with many trails already formed. No maintenance. Pretty good mix of terrain from packed dirt, loose dirt, rocks, dirt roads, boulders and sand dunes. Some areas for some pretty technical rock crawling and hill climbing.
Vehicles: Open to all vehicles, plated and non-plates, ATVs, Dirtbikes, Buggies, Ect. Typical equipment is required for ATVs and Bikes (spark arrestors, lights at night (front and rear).

I have a few more but will post up later.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 12:35 PM
RE: Favorite OHV Spots?
Im all for it!

WERA # 215
CVMA #215
SCS Facebook
11-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Wheelers Pass:
[Image: 299px-USA_Nevada_LadVegas_WheelersPass.jpg]

Directions: Head north on US 95 from Las Vegas about 40 miles. Miles before you get to Indian Springs you will see a prison on the west side of the highway. Turn onto the road in front of the prison. Head west into the mountains about 10 miles and once you pass the dumpsters on the left you will see a sign for Wheeler's Pass and the trail on your right hand side about 1/2 a mile past the dumpsters. The rest of the trail is marked and pretty easy to follow.

WERA # 215
CVMA #215
SCS Facebook
11-19-2012, 03:10 PM
I found this great site:
Off Roads

WERA # 215
CVMA #215
SCS Facebook
11-19-2012, 03:28 PM
(11-19-2012 03:10 PM)Pcone16 Wrote:  I found this great site:
Off Roads

saw that but it does not specify who (what) can be taken on these trails roads. Seems to be catering almost exclusively towards jeeps/trucks... Im looking moreso for people with personal exp in a location.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious