Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Engine Ice
07-18-2013, 02:44 PM
RE: Engine Ice
actually, what year is your bike and model, I might have one..

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2013, 02:45 PM
I run what ever is on my chain guard sticker from Suzuki. 36/36 That's on the street.

On the track 30/24. Oh and I have Q2's. All pressures set "Cold".

There should be a drain plug near your water pump. At least there is on mine. I don't have one on my radiator.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
07-18-2013, 02:52 PM
2003 zx7.

I thought he asked me about oil as that was a question I posted about a month ago.
07-18-2013, 03:18 PM
(07-18-2013 02:52 PM)LVBrokr Wrote:  2003 zx7.

I thought he asked me about oil as that was a question I posted about a month ago.

I did ask about the oil. No worries.

07-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Oh shit, nevermind, I didnt read the part where you asked him about the oil! LOlL my bad, I was like, where the hell did oil come into the picture!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
07-18-2013, 04:25 PM
1. Don't listen to Arson, he rarely rides, LOL jk

2. I run 36/36 in my tires also. I'll typically run 42 in the rear if my girl is on back, just because that's what my manual recommends and it makes sense to me.

3. Ro, do think a rust inhibitor would be as necessary in this climate? Also, I assume water wetter and engine ice would have all the same lubricating properties as regular coolant.

4. Make sure you get all the coolant out of the block. I've seen what happens when people mix green coolant with dex-cool(orange) it's not good!
07-18-2013, 09:25 PM
(07-18-2013 04:25 PM)Hammer Wrote:  1. Don't listen to Arson, he rarely rides, LOL jk

2. I run 36/36 in my tires also. I'll typically run 42 in the rear if my girl is on back, just because that's what my manual recommends and it makes sense to me.

3. Ro, do think a rust inhibitor would be as necessary in this climate? Also, I assume water wetter and engine ice would have all the same lubricating properties as regular coolant.

4. Make sure you get all the coolant out of the block. I've seen what happens when people mix green coolant with dex-cool(orange) it's not good!

The engine ice and wetter lower the specific gravity of the mixture in essence making it thinner which allows it to dicipate more heat since there is more surface area suspended in the mixture since the molecules are smaller. That being said, a rust inhibitor is good for all motors. Eventually the smooth finish on the metals inside your cooling passages, water pump, etc, will begin to erode away. The rust inhibitors help prevent that erosion but acting as a lubricant in your coolant. However those same inhibitors are also increase the specific gravity of your coolant therefor it doesn't dicipate the heat like the thinner stuff does.

If anyone else thinks I'm talking out of my ass, please chime in to correct me. I haven't been sleeping for over a month and at this point my window for cohesiveness is rather small and limited to daytime hours.

07-19-2013, 07:45 AM
(07-18-2013 09:25 PM)JetMech Wrote:  
(07-18-2013 04:25 PM)Hammer Wrote:  1. Don't listen to Arson, he rarely rides, LOL jk

The engine ice and wetter lower the specific gravity of the mixture in essence making it thinner which allows it to dicipate more heat since there is more surface area suspended in the mixture since the molecules are smaller. That being said, a rust inhibitor is good for all motors. Eventually the smooth finish on the metals inside your cooling passages, water pump, etc, will begin to erode away. The rust inhibitors help prevent that erosion but acting as a lubricant in your coolant. However those same inhibitors are also increase the specific gravity of your coolant therefor it doesn't dicipate the heat like the thinner stuff does.

If anyone else thinks I'm talking out of my ass, please chime in to correct me. I haven't been sleeping for over a month and at this point my window for cohesiveness is rather small and limited to daytime hours.

I thought I was reading a scene from Back to the Future when Doc is explaining time travel. Lol

So the consensus is Wetter is better and ice is nice over regular coolant.
Thanks gentleman.
07-19-2013, 05:18 PM
(07-18-2013 09:25 PM)JetMech Wrote:  

[Image: Talking-out-ass.jpg]

You're talking out of your ass. Sources: my gut!

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious