Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Bike on Craigslist
12-21-2014, 10:25 PM
Bike on Craigslist
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/4810280418.html

Im going to be looking/testing this bike tomorrow and I was wondering if anybody had any advice on some specifics on this model that i should be concerned about besides engine leaks and fork leaks ect. Any advice is appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Bike on Craigslist
one thing about buying a motorcycle that has always done me well - If something just doesnt feel right about it, about the bike, about the deal, about the seller, walk from it. Trust your gut and dont let your emotions get too involved and blind you from anything.

That being said, just look the bike over well. Does it look like its been beat on or well maintained? how are the tires? are they worn? good shape? Is the chain in good shape? look at the oil too in the sight glass. Does it look ok? anything else wrong with the bike? A lot of people would simply dismiss those type things as "regular maintenance" that they just havent gotten to yet, but any decent seller will take care of all of those things before selling a bike if it is a bike they actually care about.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
12-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Seems a little pricey for a relatively common Japanese bike. Perhaps if it's in outstanding condition with service logs, but if it's just another CBR 600 I'd ask for closer to 4. Just my opinion. Good luck either way!

Think for yourself, question authority.
12-22-2014, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the advice. I didnt buy it. Their was what looked like an oil/fluid leak coming from the motor (thats why it was parked on a carpet) and the bike looked like it spent most of its life parked outside. The search continues.
12-22-2014, 06:38 PM
Be careful of stickers as well. My brother bought a bike that was fairly clean. Seemed to be maintained, tires in good shape, chain good shape, mechanically sound but then when he went to remove the stickers he found that it had been down and the stickers were hiding the rash. While it was minimal, it obviously had been dropped.

Id steer clear of bikes with stickers for this very reason.
12-23-2014, 03:47 AM
But stickers add +5bhp each! You *have* to put stickers on, bro! Tongue
If I may be so bold, and hopefully keeping my name from developing any dealership connections, I've been lusting after this '06 Speed Triple that's for sale over at Freedom Cycle. 10k less miles than my bike, priced to match, and in my opinion one of the most gorgeous bikes ever built. Triples are wicked fun, too.
http://www.freedomcyclelasvegas.com/2014...ed-triple/
Is it me, or did all the cheap sport bikes that overpopulated craigslist back when I was looking disappear? Can't seem to find anything less than 10 years old for less than 5k, even if it's been dropped.

Think for yourself, question authority.
12-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Billy first off I don't have you're number so call me. Second I have a buddy selling a cbr 1000 with lots of goodies so call me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious