Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Attention "non-M" endorsed riders
04-23-2015, 11:01 AM
Attention "non-M" endorsed riders
There are quite a few threads that talk about the M endorsement on your driver's license, why you need it and how to get it. Of course, my advice is to always have your driver's license with proper endorsements, insurance and registration in order anytime you are on the road.

As an added "incentive," the Chief Judge in the Las Vegas Municipal Court issued an order this week regarding tickets for riding a motorcycle without an M endorsement. If you get a ticket, you will not only have to get your M endorsement, but also take a motorcycle safety course and a first aide course in order to get a reduced fine or any type of amendment to a "driving without an M endorsement" ticket. To top it off, fines are going up as well.

It would be great to take the safety course and first aide course, just to be safe. However, it may be a problem if you have to get it all done by court order within the standard 30 day window that the court will give you.

If you have general questions or comments about this issue, please post them up. If you have a specific issue that you would like to discuss, please feel free to give me a call.

https://www.lvtrafficticketguy.com/

[Image: logo.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2015, 11:46 AM
RE: Attention "non-M" endorsed riders
This is awesome.

What they should also do is ban them from ever getting on another motorcycle until they have passed. And if they are caught on one again, boom, instant drivers suspension.

Glad to see them tackling some of the lesser issues with motorcyclists..

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
04-23-2015, 12:39 PM
And this is why i finally got mine
04-23-2015, 02:02 PM
Not sure why someone wouldnt have it. The test is so easy. Maybe if you just purchased a bike and are waiting for the test date I could possibly see why you wouldnt have one, but other than that there is no reason not to.
04-24-2015, 08:56 PM
(04-23-2015 02:02 PM)doz Wrote:  Not sure why someone wouldnt have it. The test is so easy. Maybe if you just purchased a bike and are waiting for the test date I could possibly see why you wouldnt have one, but other than that there is no reason not to.

That's the problem, the test is too easy compared to other countries. Especially the riding portion. But for some reason, statistically about 50% of the riders ride without a M endorsement.

The decision to take a Motorcycle Safety Class is always a good idea, even if you go and take the written and skills test at the DMV. You learn How, Where and What to look for when you ride. You learn the proper techniques in how to start, stop, swerve, and corner. Most importantly, it helps you identify the habits that you have developed from driving so you don't apply them when you're riding. In other words, don't ride like you drive!

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious