Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Another New Guy
05-18-2014, 10:25 PM
Another New Guy
Figured i would introduce myself since lurking for a few days now.

My name is Scott , live up in Henderson and own 2 and 1/4 bikes
My 91 CBR600 F2 in F4 bodywork, a 85 Honda VF700 Interceptor and a 83 VT500 frame.
Here is a pic of the CBR i have here with me.The others are in CA at the inlaws.

Only been riding for about a year now and when i bought this one it needed some work and still needs more.She is ugly but runs great.
So far i've replaced the hacked up wiring harness,homemade fuel petcock,Integrated Tailight,Mirrors, Tires, Leaky radiator, Fork seals,grips,levers, windscreen,Woodcraft clipons and a few other little things.
But for $450 initial cost and about another maybe $350 into it im happy for now.

[Image: 9944f055-eb5b-448f-a78f-5dbb705e7903.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2014, 03:56 AM
RE: Another New Guy
Welcome Scott, as long as she runs and you're out on two wheels, that's all anyone cares about. There's a crazy bunch of characters on this forum, but they're all fun to hang with and ride with, and we all have one thing in common, Motorcycles! That Guy is our mechanic and can help you with anything you need done. Keep an eye on the rides section for our weekly rides, and the gatherings section for our weekly TWT (Two Wheel Tuesday), just a time to get together a eat some food. Hope to see you out and about soon.

[Image: image_zpsbdfc42d3.jpg]
05-19-2014, 10:03 AM
Welcome!

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
You're gonna love my nuts!
I haven't seen Yayo...
09 Husqvarna 510 - "Bouncing Betty"
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"
07 Mean Streak Special Edition - "Blow"

[Image: 1hPfLRu]
05-19-2014, 10:14 AM
welcome. I have owned all of the bikes you have listed... Well I had a VF750F 84 but same thing. Still a V45 (or in your case, V42.5 if you prefer). Had a few various vintage CBR F2s and F3s.

I miss my VF750F A lot tho. I have had a ton of them, but my first was an 84 750 dig out of the weeds in someones back yard. Tracked down a title and rebuilt her. Rode the wheels off that thing.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
05-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Hey hey!! Welcome to the forum!! Check out the rides/gathering section to meet up!!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
05-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the Welcome Yahoo

The CBR i picked up locally here in Vegas off craigslist last year, The Vf700 i got off craigslist in CA in December with no title for $100, Did the Vermont Registration to avoid the $680 in CA late fees. The VT500 ill do the same Vermont registration way but i dont have any idea what i want to do with the frame yet.

Id like to get out and meet some of you at TWT or a tech day , but working 3-midnight sucks right now. Supposed to change schedules next month so i should be able to then.
05-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Welcome Scott, I know what you mean with the work schedule thing. I'm on two 0430 to 1500 then two 1300 to 2330 shifts, makes for a poor social life!! Ride it when you can!! Anyway welcome to the madness!!!!

LIVE OR DIE TRYING
05-20-2014, 03:39 PM
(05-20-2014 01:25 PM)hyper8871 Wrote:  Welcome Scott, I know what you mean with the work schedule thing. I'm on two 0430 to 1500 then two 1300 to 2330 shifts, makes for a poor social life!! Ride it when you can!! Anyway welcome to the madness!!!!

Thanks, I usually ride it to work from Henderson to Decatur and Flamingo down the 215. Hot or cold i'll ride anytime and Saves a ton of gas over the M3.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious