Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
2 wheels again!!!
09-17-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: 2 wheels again!!!
Well perhaps I enjoy optimum performance on my machines, it is clear we all do not share that passion. Just like ricky racer in a rice burner who puts on a pipe and a 5 inch tip believes he has just added serious horsepower. Your bike, your choice....

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure that it is worth watching
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Is there a decibel legal limit when updating the exhaust pipe?

I want to get rid of the stock 2013 cbr250r pipe, but not sure if these yoshi pipes are legal?
09-17-2013, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 12:02 PM by Rev. That Guy.)
(09-17-2013 11:37 AM)CBRrated Wrote:  Well perhaps I enjoy optimum performance on my machines, it is clear we all do not share that passion. Just like ricky racer in a rice burner who puts on a pipe and a 5 inch tip believes he has just added serious horsepower. Your bike, your choice....

Im not saying I don't like mine running top notch either. Im simply saying that with the addition of a slip-on, tuning wouldn't net you anything usable over what it would with a stock pipe. Same for most "street" full systems. Thus, you are throwing money at a pipe that didn't get you anything more than look and sound if you do the tuning that will pull performance from the motor priamrily. The main thing you will gain and notice is a weight savings.

The short version is that an exhaust is an important part of the tuning of an engine, however when it comes to mass produced, the aftermarket pipes are not tuned much more above (if any) stock cans because there is just not a one-size-fits-all solution. There are so many variables from one bike to the next within a certain make and model. Each bike needs to be tuned to itself, not to a out of the box setting for a given model. You can take 10 of the EXACT SAME bikes, do the exact same mods and bolt on to them and then dyno them and you will get 10 DIFFERENT results.

Again, I never said that you shouldn't tune for a specific mod. You certainly can and you certainly will benefit but that is usually a result of the overall tune, not just the pipe. I simply said that you don't have to in most cases.

That being said, I do welcome and respect your opinions, however, please check the condescending bullshit at the door and lets try and be constructive. I was presenting facts and my own experience and opinion, not passive-aggressively bashing you on your opinion, I would appreciate the same respect back. We're not in high school anymore.

Thank You.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
09-17-2013, 12:01 PM
(09-17-2013 11:56 AM)frosty2013 Wrote:  Is there a decibel legal limit when updating the exhaust pipe?

I want to get rid of the stock 2013 cbr250r pipe, but not sure if these yoshi pipes are legal?

technically yes.... is it enforced? generally not but it can be. According to Federal DOT regs, you legally CAN NOT modify and exhaust on a street vehicle. State laws vary from state to state and rarely are then enforced. There may also be local city and county laws.

I am not familiar, myself, with Nevada laws RE exhaust mods specifically.

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

09-17-2013, 02:06 PM
No disrespect intended, just a firm believer in finely tuned machines.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure that it is worth watching
09-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Have you riden with arson or jzon , loud as fuck.

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
09-17-2013, 03:52 PM
what?

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
09-17-2013, 03:58 PM
(09-17-2013 03:52 PM)ars0n Wrote:  what?

arson's pipe is so loud, he cant even here typed words anymore!!!!

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

09-17-2013, 04:06 PM
I feel like someone is talking about me...oh well.... dee dee deee

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
09-17-2013, 06:00 PM
brah shhhh

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious